Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29

Hello everyone!
This week was so crazy!! SO I'm just going to start at the beginning...
Tuesday: We were on our bikes Tuesday and... My bike and the sidewalk had a disagreement and I ended up getting in the middle of it. Quite literally in fact. I was riding along and trying to get off the road so I decided it would be best to get onto the sidewalk via a driveway dip. Well, the one I picked still had about an inch high curb... Not a good idea to try and get up one of those at an angle with street tires... Needless to say, my bike fell over and long story short, my wrist got sprained and I have to wear a brace for 2-3 weeks and my knee got pretty scratched up and bruised. And there's kind of a little bit of a numb spot right on the top the size of a dime... And I have a bunch of random bruises all over my body that I'm not sure how I got, but I know they came from the accident. But don't worry! I'm still alive and kicking! Mom and dad, if you read this, I really am okay. And please don't sue the church... I already told President I wasn't going to. Lol
Wednesday: We had interviews with President and he basically told my companion that he's not going to put me back in my last area this next transfer. Which, I'm a little sad about, but with the 2 and a half months that I've been here, I've learned that the things President tells you won't happen. And if they do, it will be several transfers later. 
Friday: I had advanced orientation down at the mission office. It was so great! I got to see my MTC companion, Sister Goodman! Man, I miss her. It reminded me of old times being with her. We learned so much that day... I felt like I was back at the MTC again; being in seminars, being with all the people that I came into the field with, including my MTC distrct. It was fun! 
Saturday: We had a GIANT service project that the church sponsored that helped clean up all of the schools here in Livermore. It was so much fun. We spent the day spreading mulch around various schools. It was great! I love service! And a lady that we've been trying to teach showed up! She is one of the caregivers for a guy we go and visit up at the Veteran's Hospital every Thursday and she always plans it so that she is there when we are there so she can sit in on our conversations and songs we sing to him. But the thing is, she's not allowed to talk about religion because of her job, so we've invited her to a few things in the past so that we could talk about religion with here (cause you know, that's what we do) and she could never make it due to conflicting plans. But Saturday she came to the lunch that we had at the church after all the projects were done and we sat with her and she asked for our help on the computer (She's older and has no idea how to use one of "these strange contraptions") So we helped her and as we were leaving we asked if she'd be interested in learning more about our church and she asked when our service was on Sunday. We didn't even have to invite her to come to church! She's awesome! Sadly, she didn't make it to church, but it's not like we don't see her every Thursday! Haha We're pretty sure that Glen (the guy at the Veteran's Hospital) 
is in on the whole converting her thing. He always asks us to read specific things and sing specific songs while really just wanting her to hear what he have to say. Haha What a great missionary he is! 
Today: So today, we went to the beach!! It was so much fun!! I got to see all the people that I've missed from Washington Square and more!! I got a little sunburnt, but it's okay. It's just one step closer to a tan. Which reminds me of something funny. So when the new missionaries came in this last transfer, we were the fortunate ones to be able to teach them how to street contact. We were sitting in the back and the sisters in front of us turn around and start talking to them and she asks where we are from (there was 3 of us).So we said that two of us were from Utah and one was from Oregon and made them guess who was the one from Oregon... She looked at all of us and pointed at me and said "You're from Oregon because you are the whitest and the sun barely shines in Oregon." What the heck... Is it that obvious?? Hahahaha But, soon I will be tan and fit right in here in California! The weather is so awesome!!! It's getting really hot too... Today it was in the mid 90s. 
Well, my wrist is throbbing, so I guess that's a sign that I need to stop typing... I love all of you and I hope you have a fantastic week this week!!! 
Love,
Sister Swapp

No comments:

Post a Comment