Monday, April 29, 2013

April 22

It's been a great week! (Isn't it always though as a missionary?) The work here is awesome! We have 2 baptismal dates coming up this month. Isn't it crazy that it's already almost May!?! I feel like I just got here, but I passed my 2 month mark this week. Time has just been flying!! 
For those asking, I am in a car and on bikes. We have both. We rode our bikes the other day and were so exhausted that night. But it was a good exhausted. Haha The reason behind having both (or why we think we have both) is because we are covering 2 wards right now and there have been rumors of splitting the wards so that they each have their own set of missionaries. Maybe it will happen next transfer. Who knows? But it's going to be awesome when they do because right now, it seems like we can only focus on one ward per week. It' so busy. So when they get another set of missionaries (most likely sisters), they're going to share the car with us. So we'll rotate who has the car and who has the bikes by day or need. 

My new companion is awesome! We get along really well. And she's sarcastic too, so we get each other. Haha I think I already mentioned that she is from the same town that our mission president is from, but I can't remember. Well, she is. And apparently, President Watkins (my mission president) bought her family's house. He was looking around with his real estate agent and saw her house and said "I want to live there." So they knocked on the door and said "I want to buy your house." and now he lives there... Weird, right? 

I can't think of anything else fun, exciting, hilarious, or super spiritual (cause that's like everyday) that happened this week, so I'm going to go now. I love you all! Have a great week this week and don't get into too much trouble. 
Love
Alisha Swapp

No comments:

Post a Comment