Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 13

Hello friends and family!
This wee was such a great week!! We baptized the last of a part member family! The mom and oldest son got baptized a few months ago and the dad was kind of skeptical to get baptized cause he didn't have a testimony and he wasn't getting answers to his prayers and was just really frustrated about that. And the youngest son (8yrs old) was scared to get baptized. We're not really sure why... So, Thursday, the day of the baptism, comes and we're only planning (more like hoping) that the dad get baptized. We had not even thought about pushing the youngest son to get baptized cause we didn't want to push him into not getting baptized ever. So we were just letting him do it on his own time and hope that he came around soon so that they could get sealed in a year after the dad got baptized. So we get there and we're picking out a suit for the dad and the son is standing there with all of us and my companion jokingly says to the boy, "You could wear one of these too! Look!" As she pulls one out, "There's one in your size!" And she holds it up to him and he looks down and pauses and says "maybe" and takes the suit into the bathroom to hang it up with his dad's. We were all like "What?!?!?!?! What just happened!?!?!?!" And of course, his mom is like, "Wait, can we really do this? Like what do we need to do to get him baptized tonight?" So we call our zone leaders and they say that the bishop has to interview him because he's 8. So we call bishop and he's on his way. He gets his interview just a few minutes before he's baptized. How crazy is that!! Oh and the dad got baptized and he hasn't been able to stop smiling since. It was the best night EVER! If my mission goes bad the rest of the time that I will be here, I will still go home happy because of what happened that night. It was definitely a miracle. Words can't even describe how happy I am for that family. And the baptismal service was so great! The spirit was so strong! There wasn't a single dry eye in the audience. 
So I'm getting transferred again this week. Yes, I know. It's only been 5 weeks since I got transferred last time, but I've kind of seen this coming. They're just making me live up to my name (Sister Swapp. Get it?) I don't know where I am off to next, but I'll find out tomorrow morning when it happens. It's possible that I could be going back to my last area like President said I would be. but it's possible it could be somewhere else too. I really have no idea. I will let you know where I am next week when I email. 
I got to talk to my parents this week! It was so great being able to see them!! I miss my family. It was so weird when they would say my name. I am so not used to being called "Sarah". I remember when I got to the MTC, being called "Sister Swapp" was the weirdest thing ever! Now, it's completely changed. I'm sure that after I get home off my mission, I will be answering the phone "Hello, this is Sister Swapp" for a little bit. It's going to take me a while to break that habit. I can already tell. But I don't have to worry about that for another 15 months. So, all is well. 
Well, that was my week this week! A bunch of excitement. And it's going to continue for a while. I just can't stop smiling. It's so amazing to see the change in people as they come closer to Jesus Christ and make covenants with him. Definitely one of my favorite parts of being a missionary. 
I love you all! I am almost out of time for this week. And I have to go pack... but I hope all of you have a great week! 
Love,
Sister Swapp




PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT SHE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. I WILL GET HER MESSAGES TO YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment