Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 8th

April 8th


Here's my week in a nutshell:

Monday:
It was pouring so hard!!! Being from Oregon, I had to go out and play in it. I got dressed in my P-day clothes really quick and while I waited for my companions to get dressed, I ran outside and played in it! It was so fun! I never thought I would say this, but I miss the rain.
Tuesday:
We went around to a bunch of people so that Sister Li could say goodbye to all of the people she's gotten close to here. We dropped her off at the mission home that night and she flew out Wednesday morning. It is so weird only doing things in twos now. Tuesday night, we were driving home and it felt like there was something missing. But she's back at temple square now fighting off antis and giving tours in Chinese.
Wednesday:
We got a new investigator! Her name is Marilyn. She's 14. The Hermanas have been teaching her, but she speaks perfect english, so they passed her off to us. The only reason they had been teaching her was because her nanny is a less active, spanish sister. That's how they found Marilyn too. She's so wonderful though! She has really good questions and you can tell that she really has a desire to know more.
Wednesday night we were going to dinner and we were a couple minutes early, so we decided to park a few blocks away and contact as we walk there. So we walk past this house, not even paying attention and the sprinklers all of the sudden turn on. We, of course, scream and run into the road away from it, and they all of the sudden turn off. We started laughing and didn't make any assumptions. We just thought it was a coincidence, like someone was in the back and turned the wrong nob or something. So we went on to dinner and tell the family that we're eating with about it and they thought the same thing, just a coincidence. After dinner, we're walking back and we get to right before the house and I'm like, "Oh no worries. it was an accident." but my companion doesn't want to go on the sidewalk, so she walks in the street and right before we get past the house, I'm was like, "see nothing!" so my companion comes back to the sidewalk, and... again. Sprinklers. I don't think it was a coincidence anymore... My companion actually saw someone at the window before we passed and the lights were on, but they turned off right before we passed. Either they hate Mormons or they hate Polynesians. I wonder if they know that they have neighbors that are members. We just laughed about it. Some people are so silly! Like some sprinklers are going to change our beliefs? It makes for a great story though. haha
Thursday:
We got another new investigator! His name is Enrique. He's 10 years old. We met him when we went to visit one of our investigators, Alex. He's 11. They were outside playing and we went to talk to Alex and we shared a scripture with him and let him read it and Enrique goes, "I want to read one!" So we read one with him and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he wanted a spanish one to give to his mom. It was so awesome! He said he loves talking about God and always has. I'm excited to teach him more.
Friday:
We got to go to the temple!!! It was so amazing!! I love the temple so much! I wish we could go more often, but I'll take what I can get. The spirit in the temple is so amazing! I wish I could just take everyone in the entire world there to show them how wonderful it is!!
We also taught Kevin and Lucas on Friday. This lesson went so much better than last weeks! We watch Jesus the Christ with them and the Spirit was so strong! We've actually passed them off to the elders. Friday was our last official lesson with them. But, we'll still see them around when we go and meet with their parents, not to mention they live right next door to us... But we felt like the elders could do better at helping them understand things.
Saturday and Sunday:
Wasn't conference the best!!!!! I loved it so much! Watching conference as a missionary is so wonderful! I feel like I get so much more out of it! I can't even pick a favorite talk. There were so many good ones!
Sunday night, we were contacting and we ran into a lady who was VERY interested in hearing our message. She contacted us! I love it when that happens! We gave her a card and started walking away and said, "What church is this for?" We said, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." "Where is that church?" We told her where it was and she said, "Oh I've never heard of that church. is it Christian?" "Yes it is! Would you be interested in learning more?" "Of course!" So we got her address and phone number. Unfortunately, she lives out of our boundaries. But fortunately, there are missionaries there too! Haha
Monday:
Yesterday, we got to go to Santa Cruz as a zone! It was so much fun! but really hot... I may or may not be a little burnt... But only a little. It could be worse. It's a little awkward going to the beach on a hot day as a missionary. The only good thing is that you can find your group easily; just look for all the people wearing clothes! It was fun though. We played all sorts of games in the sand and just hung out. It was relaxing.
Well, that's my week! It was great! I hope everything is going good for all of you! I'm out of time now.
Love,
Sister Swapp

No comments:

Post a Comment